Has anyone done a club style build on their bike?

ImPrevious
Practicing Bicycling
My Bike: 2005 suzuki boulevard s83

Re: Has anyone done a club style build on their bike?

Post by ImPrevious »

Hello Friends,
Sorry it took me so long to update but work and personal life come before customizing motorcycles. That and the fact that its my main source of transportation. Anyways, I finally painted and mounted the fairing for my club style intruder. All I did was extend the headlight itself out about 2in with longer bolts and spacers. That and custom brackets for the fairing because its not made for Suzuki's. I've put about 200miles on the fairing and it has held up well at highway speeds. we'll see how it preforms longevity wise but I figured I would update those who were interested.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

Lookin' Mightyfine there, Bro! :space: :clap: :ShitGrinandThumb:

Just to know, what spacers did you use to extend the Headlight forwards? :space: One does not want to have all those wires/connectors out in the rain. :space: :uhh:

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

ImPrevious
Practicing Bicycling
My Bike: 2005 suzuki boulevard s83

Post by ImPrevious »

Designer wrote: ↑
Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:40 am
Lookin' Mightyfine there, Bro! :space: :clap: :ShitGrinandThumb:

Just to know, what spacers did you use to extend the Headlight forwards? :space: One does not want to have all those wires/connectors out in the rain. :space: :uhh:
I pulled all of the wires out of the headlight bucket as extending them was not nearly as fun as putting them in a little box that I stole from a rebel 1100. The spacers I used are collars from a dirt bike fork guards. I used 4 on each bolt which put it about 2in or so forward. This allowed just enough space for the fairing to fit behind the light

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!
My Bike: Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster

Post by sgtcall »

:clap: :clap: The bike is looking great, please keep us posted as you go. :cheers:
If you have any type of electrical issue, have your battery load tested before you do anything else. Any auto parts store will test it for free.