Carb Priming Questions..

BRONX INTRUDER
Joined a 850cc Club
My Bike: vs1400

Carb Priming Questions..

Post by BRONX INTRUDER »

So.. About how long does it take for you to prime your carbs before hitting starter button?

Is the priming more for the front carb or both equally?

Why is priming needed... Is the fuel backtracking from the carbs to somewhere else?

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Re: Carb Priming Questions..

Post by Designer »

BRONX INTRUDER wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:57 am
So.. About how long does it take for you to prime your carbs before hitting starter button?
It somewhat depends on how long the Bike has been sitting. usually about 5 seconds or so is what I experience until there is no more Ticking from the Fuel Pump
BRONX INTRUDER wrote:
Both need to be fully "Primed", but the Front Carb being "higher" probably needs it a bit more in that Fuel in the line up to it might be less "Full".

BRONX INTRUDER wrote:
Why is priming needed... Is the fuel backtracking from the carbs to somewhere else?
Quite obviously, the Float Bowls need to be "full" in order to supply the proper amount of fuel to all the internal passages of the Circuits within the Carb. Evaporation while sitting is probably the main culprit in them being less-than-full. But, one needs to have the Fuel Lines full of Gas Under Pressure...("primed").... so as to maintain proper Fuel levels within the Carbs right away after the Motor Starts.

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

BRONX INTRUDER
Joined a 850cc Club
My Bike: vs1400

Re: Carb Priming Questions..

Post by BRONX INTRUDER »

Designer wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:41 am
BRONX INTRUDER wrote:
It somewhat depends on how long the Bike has been sitting. usually about 5 seconds or so is what I experience until there is no more Ticking from the Fuel Pump
BRONX INTRUDER wrote:
Both need to be fully "Primed", but the Front Carb being "higher" probably needs it a bit more in that Fuel in the line up to it might be less "Full".

BRONX INTRUDER wrote:
Quite obviously, the Float Bowls need to be "full" in order to supply the proper amount of fuel to all the internal passages of the Circuits within the Carb. Evaporation while sitting is probably the main culprit in them being less-than-full. But, one needs to have the Fuel Lines full of Gas Under Pressure...("primed").... so as to maintain proper Fuel levels within the Carbs right away after the Motor Starts.
:cheers: Thanks brother! Understood.