Decomp issue? Only cranks sometimes.. Also leaking fuel pump.. Lol

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Re: Decomp issue? Only cranks sometimes.. Also leaking fuel pump.. Lol

Post by Designer »

So, where is Bronx Intruder with an Update for us?

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

BRONX INTRUDER
Joined a 850cc Club
My Bike: vs1400

Post by BRONX INTRUDER »

Thanks for the tips.. I have the new battery ready to install and see if that rectifies the situation. Also got the longer correct rear brake line to replace the wrong one that I was refunded for. I just haven't been in the mood to go into garage and do anything. Tried kicking myself into gear other day when I noticed the drippings on the floor and thought the roof was leaking at first.. Til noticed clutch lever window leaking. So yeah.. More crap to deal with. No worries... I'll get back to it soon... And i won't forget to post about it.
hillsy wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:39 pm
These things a are cheap and work pretty well on all different size cables

I have no idea what that is... Or what it's supposed to be used for..

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

BRONX INTRUDER wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:28 am
Thanks for the tips.. I have the new battery ready to install and see if that rectifies the situation. Also got the longer correct rear brake line to replace the wrong one that I was refunded for. I just haven't been in the mood to go into garage and do anything. Tried kicking myself into gear other day when I noticed the drippings on the floor and thought the roof was leaking at first.. Til noticed clutch lever window leaking. So yeah.. More crap to deal with. No worries... I'll get back to it soon... And i won't forget to post about it.
hillsy wrote:
Neither did I. :dunno: The thing looks like it is for Cables.
So I was hoping some clarification was forthcoming. :Umm:

BTW,....Since ..."kicking yourself in the ass"....is physically rather difficult :uhh: ,.... :ahha: ...allow me to help. :naughty:

Gitcher ass out there and doing something!

There,...how's that? :ShitGrin:

No charge ! :bow: ,...kinda cuz you're a Board Member and all. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

Designer wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:07 am
BRONX INTRUDER wrote:
hillsy wrote:
Neither did I. :dunno: The thing looks like it is for Cables.
So I was hoping some clarification was forthcoming. :Umm:
Wow - with all your "years of experience" you've never seen a cable lubing tool?

Whenever I get a new bike in the shed that tool comes out. Actually can't remember living without it.

Clamp it on the end of a cable, insert your favorite lube / penetrating fluid / chain lube in the hole and squirt away. Beats gravity.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

I have never have needed such a "tool". Why is because for some 40 years now, I've Know that Dri Slide is of top quality and doesn't hold dirt like a "wet" Oily lubricant for cables.
Had you more experience,.. you would have learned that Dri Slide minimizes any dirt holding to near zero,...dirt that causes the cable sticking/intermittent malfunctioning symptoms like what Bronx Intruder reports to us.

And no,...nothing works better than gravity. Your "pressure" treatment may be as good,...but not better

Holding the cable end upwards, and letting Gravity rush the Dri-Slide downwards so as to saturate the ENTIRE cable quite quickly is as good as this "tool" you propose.

So please,.... quit misleading Bronx Intruder with your pushing a "wet" dirt-holding lubricant upon him. He's got plenty enough issues to deal with right now besides creating furfure problems by doing what you suggest.

Now that you have been Better Educated,....let's see you stop with your Ridiculing/Insulting behavior YOU started right here:
hillsy wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 6:01 pm
Wow - with all your "years of experience" you've never seen a cable lubing tool?

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

:funnylast:

Holy shit dude - "stop pushing wet lubricants"?

Surprised you didn't suggest Never Seize :lmao:

Nothing gets in there better than an aerosol sprayed under pressure through a cable lubing tool.

Nothing.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

hillsy wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:33 pm
Holy shit dude - "stop pushing wet lubricants"? Surprised you didn't suggest Never Seize :lmao:
See guys? Here he goes AGAIN. :roll:
Not only has started a needless argument with this ridiculing insult:
hillsy wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 6:01 pm
Now he drags in an argument he started from yet ANOTHER Thread;
hillsy wrote:
....Surprised you didn't suggest Never Seize

He Drags Down Threads with his neediness to bicker and ridicule .
Why is that he's all butthurt because he FAILED to substantiate his "claim" that he made previously;
Designer wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:22 am
Please,...Mr. butthurt,...tell us all how all the Tech Info/Procedure in my Decomp Tune up is ...useless....to BRONX INTRUDER given the symptoms he described. We'll wait.
So now he's got to,..."Get Even"....to Save Face..
His doing as he does is certainly NOT in the spirit of our Tech Board. :Umm:

hillsy wrote:
Nothing gets in there better than an aerosol sprayed under pressure through a cable lubing tool.
Wrong...AGAIN. But since your experiences fall short of having anything to do with Dri Slide,...such a WRONGNESS is to be expected.
Here,...time you better educate yourself about Dri Slide from their Webpage;

Drislide is the most widely specified dry film lubricant in aviation maintenance manuals and for general industrial MRO applications, for tractor-trailers, motorcycles, bicycles, and even weapons.
Effective temperature range of -20* F to 750* F (7* C to 537* C).
Drislide Multi-Purpose dries to a dry moly film that bonds to the metal service, staying in place to lubricate longer than other lubricants. Does not collect dust & dirt and repels moisture.

Using Gravity to install Dri slide will do just a good a job at Totally Lubricating The ENTIRE Cable as the Oily "wet",...and dirt holding,.. lube you propose. Pressure may make your Oily lube go in faster,... but that does not mean it does a better job at TOTAL lubrication as does Dri-Slide and Gravity.

Best you settle down and stop your angry-bickering attitude,...it is NOT welcomed here.

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

Again you totally miss the point with your continued crusade over trying to look like you are the forum's tech sage.

The point of the lube tool is to force lubricant in under pressure to purge the sheathing of debris. You need a wet lubricant to do this but you could use Dri Slide in an aerosol to do the same.

The key is the pressure / purging more than the type of lube.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Again we see hillsy trying to make himself appear as,..."The Burning Bush of the Tech Board". :uhh:

First,...he ignores the negative effect he has had already done to this Thread ( as I pointed out just above). Then we get his self-righteous lecturing.

His Lack Of Experience (this time with the Dri slide Product and it's capabilities),....makes for his Arrogant Attitude that ONLY HIS solutions can be the one that works.

This Arrogant "Attitude" of his is on display in other Threads on Our Tech Board;
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13605&start=21
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13484&start=103

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

Hey Springy - first of all Bronx is laughing at us :cheers:

Second - you obviously have fuck all experience with lubing cables if you dont know what a cable lube tool is and how it pushes the dirt out of the sheathing.

And third - you are a complete fucking dumbass to bring up the thread where the guy cant find neutral on a non running bike and you keep insisting its the clutch :lmao:

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

Fer cryin' out loud.

Both systems work, I have used both. I personally use PB BLASTER because it wicks up the cable. It doesn't have to run down. I have used it to free up frozen cables.

enough already...
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

hillsy wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:30 am
Hey Springy - first of all Bronx is laughing at us
Yeah,..sure hillsy. I'm sure he's really Yucking It Up over your Insulting and Demeaning him;
BRONX INTRUDER wrote:
hillsy wrote:
- you obviously have fuck all experience with lubing cables...if you dont know what a cable lube tool is .....
Gee,.....What Great Guy you are. :roll:

hillsy wrote:
- you are a complete fucking dumbass to bring up the thread where the guy cant find neutral on a non running bike and you keep insisting its the clutch
Translation:
hillsy wrote:
I see that you are Spot On about my Arrogant Attitude,...and in Several Threads ....and how I have Dragged Them Down.......so, to TRY TO Save Face,...I'm going to post more Baseless Ridicule and Childish Name-calling,.... in the VAIN hopes that it will divert attention away from Your Being RIGHT About Me.

Go to bed, hillsy,....you're Finished Here. :wink:

BRONX INTRUDER
Joined a 850cc Club

Post by BRONX INTRUDER »

Thanks for the no-charge kick. Lol.

I'm not laughing at you guys going back and forth.. Just trying to take what I may need from it and forget the rest.

So anyways.. I got the new battery in and bypassed the fuel relay by jumping it at the connector (read it in another post) and so I know it's getting fuel to carbs and I checked for spark and that's good.. But still just cranks. I'm going to go ahead and pull the Decomp cables and lube em etc. This focker has never given me issues starting like this before and it's kinda pissing me off.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

BRONX INTRUDER wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:53 am
Thanks for the no-charge kick. Lol. I'm not laughing at you guys going back and forth.. Just trying to take what I may need from it and forget the rest.
That's pretty much all one can do....just try to get around all the Needless Argument and Personal Attack posted by Our Resident Angry Ridiculer. :dunno:

BRONX INTRUDER wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:53 am
So anyways.. I got the new battery in and bypassed the fuel relay by jumping it at the connector (read it in another post) and so I know it's getting fuel to carbs and I checked for spark and that's good.. But still just cranks. I'm going to go ahead and pull the Decomp cables and lube em etc. This focker has never given me issues starting like this before and it's kinda pissing me off.
I'm just sad you have this going on at all.

Sounds like you have a Sound Logical approach to solving your issues. But I am concerned that after you checked for Spark and Gas, it just cranks and cranks. The Decomp System is there basically to make it easier for the Starter Motor to begin Cranking. That you report it is indeed now Cranking well, but not starting raises question(s).

Does the Enrichening System (it's not a choke) work fully and well? Do you get even a hint of some sort of Cylinder Firing at all?
How did you confirm there was actually a Spark jumping the Electrode(s). Do you smell raw Gas at the Tail Pipe Exit Point?

BRONX INTRUDER
Joined a 850cc Club

Post by BRONX INTRUDER »

These are the old plugs I took out when I checked for spark with new plugs against bike.
Just tried starting it and cranked for a bit, took new plugs out and they were dry. Thought to myself.. F this.. Let me shoot half a t-spoon of gas in each cylinder and see what happens. Hit the start button and she popped off like she wanted to run as I kept hold on it for a few seconds. So I think I'm not getting fuel through it to cylinders.
I'm pretty sure I pulled carbs some months back before seafoaming and syncing... But maybe it cleared some crap in lines or pump and right into carbs. Guess I gotta pull them and see now. :bang:

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

BRONX INTRUDER wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:03 am
These are the old plugs I took out when I checked for spark with new plugs against bike. Just tried starting it and cranked for a bit, took new plugs out and they were dry. Thought to myself.. F this.. Let me shoot half a t-spoon of gas in each cylinder and see what happens. Hit the start button and she popped off like she wanted to run as I kept hold on it for a few seconds. So I think I'm not getting fuel through it to cylinders.
That was pretty much what I was thinking that was the one aspect (spark/fuel) that was letting you down.
BRONX INTRUDER wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:03 am
I'm pretty sure I pulled carbs some months back before seafoaming and syncing... But maybe it cleared some crap in lines or pump and right into carbs. Guess I gotta pull them and see now.
Perhaps so. I don't know how you Cleaned them. So I ask, did you have the Bike running well before you put the Seafoam in the Tank?
It would be a bit unusual that BOTH Carbs were not doing their job so totally both failing to do so at the same time.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

The part about it firing off with fuel dumped in the cylinders got me to wondering about where you might be losing the fuel flow.

I really hate to ask this but I don't remember if it was answered before.

Are you sure both petcocks are turned on and that the fuel lines are not kinked??? I have had problems with both of them.

The upper cock has to be centered to be on, all the way to either side is off. The stock fuel lines are counter intuitive for installation and if incorrectly installed they WILL kink and not let fuel through.

There is also the possibility that one of the petcocks has trash in it or there is trash/kink on the lines to or from the pump.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

BRONX INTRUDER
Joined a 850cc Club

Post by BRONX INTRUDER »

I had a pinhole develope in tank that I had to solder up and cleaned and sealed inside tank with por15 and then bed-lined it and tins. I honestly don't remember if it was this one or the other one that I pulled to clean but it started and ran easily before all of that.

I'm selling it so trying my best to get it finished up already and keeping the Black one I got from sgtcall.. That one I'm 100% sure I cleaned and foamed.

What signals the pump to stop pumping? Pressure in line triggers something in pump or what?

BRONX INTRUDER
Joined a 850cc Club

Post by BRONX INTRUDER »

Both petcocks are open and fuel flows freely as I opened it to check before hooking to pump.

BRONX INTRUDER
Joined a 850cc Club

Post by BRONX INTRUDER »

Pulled line from pump to carb and turned ignition on.. Pump blew out orange gas with crap into this soda bottle before turning clear.. I had some clean gas in it before this.

Then disconnected line from rear carb to front carb at front and did kicked pump on.. It also pushed out some orange fuel before turning clear. I'd say It looks like i might have clogged them up... What say you?.