Decomp issue? Only cranks sometimes.. Also leaking fuel pump.. Lol

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Re: Decomp issue? Only cranks sometimes.. Also leaking fuel pump.. Lol

Post by hillsy »

BABIS wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:33 am
not sure if this will help but years ago I found that my 270 CCA agm battery can start the bike with the decomp system unwired..
Yes - quite commonly talked about with the LC owners that the bike should turn over without the decomp if the battery and starter motor are in good condition.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

Designer wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:22 am
Please,...Mr. butthurt,...tell us all how all the Tech Info/Procedure in my Decomp Tune up is ...useless...to BRONX INTRUDER given the symptoms he described. We'll wait.
You are Evading/Dancing again, hillsy.
My not mentioning any work/testing of the Solenoid does NOT,...in ANY WAY,..render the "tune up" I outlined as being ..."useless".
What I outlined could VERY WELL fix the problem the BRONX INTRUDER is having. His symptoms were exactly like what I and another friend had,... and as I said,...IT WORKED.
BUT,...instead of showing us all what You Were Asked To Provide,...(in RED above)....you DANCE,... and Show NOTHING that backs up your "claim".

Claiming it is "useless" is naught else but a Factually Bankrupt, Opinionated LIE,...driven by your HUGE butthurt needing to make shit up......so that you then can baselessly attack what I said with your Fabricated LIE.

You needn't feel so threatened when someone other than you posts sound advice from experience That Can Help Others In Need.

You are not... "The Burning Bush".... of our Tech Board....so quit acting like you are.

Please,....stop Dragging Down YET ANOTHER Tech Thread with your overbearing butthurt. You are being a detriment to this Board.

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

:funnylast: The guy that only posts "Pot....Kettle" in this thread is again trying to call someone else out as being a detriment to the board :lmao:

Bronx - here's the deal - if the decomp cables and levers do not bind or hold up then the problem is the solenoid. Now to have the system work properly the cables need to be sync'd as well.

Let us know how you go with the solenoid test - if the resistance checks out but the solenoid is acting erratic you might get lucky with using penetrating fluid to loosen it up. If it's the windings / resistance though it's stuffed.

Realize you've got a lot of work ahead of you with the fuel system right now so understand this might take some time :ShitGrinandThumb:

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

Bronx, let us know what you find on everything. It is always good to know what fixed problems so when, not if, they come up again we will be better prepared the assist/fix.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

hillsy wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:21 pm
:funnylast: The guy that only posts "Pot....Kettle" in this thread is again trying to call someone else out as being a detriment to the board
Says the guy who attacks my suggestion as being,..."useless"....then when asked to Back Up that "claim" with FACTS,...Fails to do so,....and instead,....runs and hides from that request like a child.
You have no shame and lowest level of scruples.

Why do you insist on Dragging Down all these Tech Threads with your Personal Attacking Fabricated LIES? :uhh:
hillsy wrote:
Bronx - here's the deal - if the decomp cables and levers do not bind or hold up then the problem is the solenoid. Now to have the system work properly the cables need to be sync'd as well.
Yes,..solenoid IF the Cables and Levers are not binding.
Due to their location, the cables/levers are the most likely source of the symptoms Bronx Intruder reports.

Had you chosen to NOT be such an attacking fool and ignorant.......you'd see that my Decomp "Tune Up" addresses the ..."cables and levers binding or holding up"....possible situation you mention,...... and does so very well,......and will do so for a long time.
hillsy wrote:
Let us know how you go with the solenoid test - if the resistance checks out but the solenoid is acting erratic you might get lucky with using penetrating fluid to loosen it up.
IF that is an issue,...he hasn't addressed the more likely problem of cables/levers that you mentioned.
Do remember, Penetrating Oil can attract and hold dust/dirt.
I recommend to first try to Clean the Solenoid using Brake Cleaner.,....see what you get.
Doing so will leave no oily reside,...you know,...just like how the solenoid was when it came from The Factory,....no lubricant needed.

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Herb wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:47 pm
Bronx, let us know what you find on everything. It is always good to know what fixed problems so when, not if, they come up again we will be better prepared the assist/fix.
Yup. A fundamental part of the Spirit of our Tech Board.

Let's hope the Lying Personal Attacks and their Wrongful Claims we see here don't scare him away from posting what he finds. :dunno:

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

Finally! Some actual ADVICE from you....

Designer wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 5:59 am
Penetrating Oil can attract and hold dust/dirt. I recommend to first try to Clean the Solenoid using Brake Cleaner.,....see what you get.
Doing so will leave no oily reside,...you know,...just like how the solenoid was when it came from The FActory,....no lubricant needed.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

hillsy wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:58 am
Finally! Some actual ADVICE from you...

With this,....You now show us all you are ignorant. :uhh:

You are DESPERATELY ignoring facing YOUR LIE.

When are you going to Retract your LIE of False, Wrongful and Misleading "advice" here?
hillsy wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 7:12 am
So your "decomp tune up" is pretty much useless to Bronx here

What is Wrong with you that you KEEP Dragging Down multiple Tech Threads with your Angry Personal Attack, Misguiding and WRONGFUL "Advice" and Lies? :blink:

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

:funnylast: You either just "don't get it" or are deliberately dancing like a muthafucker.

The advice you offered about the "decomp tune-up" from the OTHER THREAD was copied here by Bronx in the hope you would elaborate.

Up until now all you've done is say "Pot.....Kettle" after your butt buddy had a dig at me (which is REALLY ironic as he was the one bitching about....NOT BITCHING in the Tech folders :lmao: )

This whole saga about me "bringing down the tech folders" is pure projectionism. It's apparent to all and sundry that you have a vendetta against me in the off topic threads that you continue in the Tech threads wherever you can. There's a bunch of threads in the Tech folders where you have just said the first shit that comes into your head because it's the OPPOSITE of what I suggest (think Never Seize on axles, etc). Get over yourself.

And as for Bronx being "scared away" by this? I doubt it - he's a long time member here and has seen all your rantings before. Not everyone here is a soggy snowflake that needs an apology from you whenever you think someone else might have offended them.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

hillsy wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 5:46 pm
:funnylast: You either just "don't get it" or are deliberately dancing like a muthafucker.
The advice you offered about the "decomp tune-up" from the OTHER THREAD was copied here by Bronx in the hope you would elaborate.

My Gawd,....you just cannot STOP posting your ignorance! :uhh:
And in your ignorant stupidity,...you FAIL AGAIN. to see I did address that.
Designer wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 6:44 pm
hillsy wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 6:12 pm
Is that all we're getting from you? This thread was aimed at you to offer your advice on the decomp. How about you offer some insight from your many years of experience to help a brother out?
Well, my,.."Decomp Tune up" that was quoted pretty much does all that is needed to get the Decomp Cables part of the System working to it's Best, most Reliable Mechanical Performance. :dunno:
You are just so butthurt that you cannot accept what I said.

It is a simple system,..and what I said is all that you can do for the Cable/Lever Portion of that sSstem to make sure it is Fully Functional and does what needs be done to start the cranking of the engine over to start the Engine.

That I have to explain that to you...... AGAIN........ shows you aren't as sharp a guy as you might think.

The rest of your Whiny Tirade is you accusing ME of what YOU DO. All in a Vain Effort to deflect away from YOU,... and all YOU ARE DOING to Drag Down Threads.

And,...unlike you,... I can Back that Up allll the way,...and you KNOW IT. :wink:

BRONX INTRUDER
Joined a 850cc Club
My Bike: vs1400

Post by BRONX INTRUDER »

:lmao:
You guys.. Lol.
I'm still here. Just dealing with a few other thing at the moment. I'll get back to it soon and report back what I figure out and what fixes it if anything. No worries.
Appreciate the tips and all.. Won't leave ya without an answer when found.

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

BRONX INTRUDER wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 3:10 pm
You guys.. Lol.
Enjoy the sideshow - it's free :ShitGrinandThumb:

BRONX INTRUDER
Joined a 850cc Club

Post by BRONX INTRUDER »

If I'm getting voltage down to 7 - 8 while cranking.. Battery is hit right? Lol.
Goes back up into 12v when I stop..

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

BRONX INTRUDER wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:48 am
If I'm getting voltage down to 7 - 8 while cranking.. Battery is hit right? Lol.
Where are you measuring the voltage? If it's at the battery terminals then yes that's bad.

BRONX INTRUDER
Joined a 850cc Club

Post by BRONX INTRUDER »

hillsy wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:45 pm
BRONX INTRUDER wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:48 am
Where are you measuring the voltage? If it's at the battery terminals then yes that's bad.
Yup.. Guess I'll order another one.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

BRONX INTRUDER wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 3:10 pm
I'm still here. Just dealing with a few other thing at the moment. I'll get back to it soon and report back what I figure out and what fixes it if anything. No worries.
Appreciate the tips and all.. Won't leave ya without an answer when found.
Thanks for committing to report back on what is The Fix. :ShitGrinandThumb:

Your doing so is The Spirit of Our Tech Board,....and will add to The Archives of Tech Experience(s) that we can Dig Up and Repost info from in order to Help Others In The Future to Avoid Wasting Time with Useless "solutions" they have been told to do!

BTW, there is a way you can lubricate both Decomp Cables without removing them.

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

Designer wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:59 am

Never Seize?

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

hillsy wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:21 am
Designer wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:59 am
Never Seize?
We will add this Off-Topic "suggestion" of hillsy's to the many other Equally Ignorant & Errant Postings that this "person" does.
Instead doing such, he could be posting On-Topic Help for A Fellow Rider In Need........but no.

All of these Side-show Arguments he Instigates result in Sowing Needless Discord amongst us here on Our Tech Board .....Much like he did before in this very Thread,...... when he Deliberately Misguided Bronx Intruder with this:
Designer wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:22 am
hillsy wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 7:12 am
Designer wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:48 am
So your "decomp tune up" is pretty much useless to Bronx here Unless you have some other info??
Man,...you are really an angry attacking person today, aren't you? :uhh:

Please,...Mr. butthurt,...tell us all how all the Tech Info/Procedure in my Decomp Tune up is ...useless...to BRONX INTRUDER given the symptoms he described.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Moving on past the diversion,...and to help Bronx Intruder.

You can install the Dri Slide lubricant I previously recommended rather easily, without taking the Decomp Cables totally off.

First, take off the Tank, then remove the Decomp Lever/Spring at the Front Cylinder. Remove the two Cable Ends from the lever, and, one-at-a-time, hold them up high over the Bike. This is to enable the Dri Slide to travel down the cable. Now it's a simple matter of installing the Dri Slide as gravity does the work for you. :ShitGrinandThumb: This is also a good time to check the Movement of the Solenoid to see if it's movement is an issue.
If it is,.just spray some Brakleen on it to clear out any dirt, and check it again.

Before reinstalling the Spring, do flex it "outwards" to increase it's Closing Power. And then do the same for the Rear Cylinders Decomp Return Spring.

You know who to do the adjustment(s)

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

These things a are cheap and work pretty well on all different size cables