sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!
My Bike: Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster

VS1400 how to videos

Post by sgtcall »

Hagar Moto - Intruder Viking

Lots of good VS1400 how to videos.

https://www.youtube.com/c/H%C3%A4garMoto/videos
If you have any type of electrical issue, have your battery load tested before you do anything else. Any auto parts store will test it for free.

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Re: VS1400 how to videos

Post by hillsy »

I watched most of his video about reverse bleeding the clutch / brakes but had to shake my head at the part where he said you'd have to wait for a day after buying a bottle of brake fluid because it would need time to settle to remove air bubbles from being moved around. Then he didn't even bother to get the air out of the length of hose he was using and just pushed that into the caliper. :bonk:

HAGARMOTO
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 1987 Thumpa and 1997 VS1400

Post by HAGARMOTO »

hillsy wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:10 pm
I watched most of his video about reverse bleeding the clutch / brakes but had to shake my head at the part where he said you'd have to wait for a day after buying a bottle of brake fluid because it would need time to settle to remove air bubbles from being moved around. Then he didn't even bother to get the air out of the length of hose he was using and just pushed that into the caliper. :bonk:
Hey folks, thanks for the kind words! Ah yes, the old bubble in the pipe segment lol this isn't the first i've heard about this shot lol - i'll be honest, the hours and hours of filming and editing would often get the better of me and in the end would just need to shoot a segment to help illustrate things visually.

You're 100% correct that letting the bottle sit for a day would be a waste of time if you then pushed a bubble through the pipe via the syringe though...that is definitely not recommended :)

Ride safe guys!

H.

Acton67
Scooter Enthusiast
My Bike: Suzuki Intruder VS800

Post by Acton67 »

HAGARMOTO wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:33 am
hillsy wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:10 pm
Hey folks, thanks for the kind words! Ah yes, the old bubble in the pipe segment lol this isn't the first i've heard about this shot lol - i'll be honest, the hours and hours of filming and editing would often get the better of me and in the end would just need to shoot a segment to help illustrate things visually.

You're 100% correct that letting the bottle sit for a day would be a waste of time if you then pushed a bubble through the pipe via the syringe though...that is definitely not recommended :)

Ride safe guys!

H.
Thanks for posting all the videos bro, you've done a lot for the intruder community. I think a few mistakes are okay, that's the point of a community, so we can come together and help each other out. The fact that you take criticism so well definitely says a lot about you.

Love the riding vlogs too! I'm from Upstate NY, it's definitely on my bucket list to go for a ride in Whales one day, looks beautiful over there!

ncdave
Learning My Moped
My Bike: 97 1400 Intruder

Post by ncdave »

thanks for these! they have helped me learn the bike. I'm generally familiar with working on bikes, mostly Kawasaki's. The little differences that were shown in the videos makes a big difference in having the confidence to dive in.

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!
My Bike: Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster

Post by sgtcall »

Here is another great site for general information about the VS1400 and VS800. I am not sure if NightWolf is still running the site but it is still up. Dig through and check it out.

https://www.intruderalert.ca/indexa.htm

If you have any type of electrical issue, have your battery load tested before you do anything else. Any auto parts store will test it for free.