Some work in process

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Re: Some work in process

Post by Designer »

Uxbridge Brule wrote: ↑
Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:51 am
From the first post one question was about K&N filters I put them in my bike last year and love them. I get a few more km per tank(stock jetting and exhaust) and don't have to clean them as much as the stock ones with little fear of them breaking down and clogging the carbs. I also run the highest octane I can get, more for the extra cleaning additives they say the put in with no pinging.
All good points about the K&N Air Filters. I experienced that same.

I adhere to the thinking that the Lower Octane burns the quickest, so I use the lowest that burns without pinging or misfire.

To keep things cleaned, I use SeaFoam off-and-on throughout the riding Season.

Thanks for your input.

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

Uxbridge Brule
Studying MC Handbook
My Bike: 2007 S83 83 750Maxim 06 WR250

Post by Uxbridge Brule »

I adhere to the thinking that the Lower Octane burns the quickest, so I use the lowest that burns without pinging or misfire.

Thanks for your input.
[/quote]

What would "off and on" be? I would like to run lower octane because here (The great white north) the high test is 20-30 cents a litre more and we are paying $1.35 per litre (about $5 per gallon) for 87 octane. I just ran a tank of low test because they were out of mid and high test at a station where I stopped but didn't run the tank empty to test the milage and didn't have a problem but would like to keep the engine happy and clean.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

Uxbridge Brule wrote: ↑
Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:22 pm

Thanks for your input.
What would "off and on" be? I would like to run lower octane because here (The great white north) the high test is 20-30 cents a litre more and we are paying $1.35 per litre (about $5 per gallon) for 87 octane. I just ran a tank of low test because they were out of mid and high test at a station where I stopped but didn't run the tank empty to test the milage and didn't have a problem but would like to keep the engine happy and clean.
[/quote]

I have always run the lowest octane I could get that runs without pinging. Mostly 87 octane, 85 when I could get it.

I add about 1 0z of Marvel Mystery Oil to every 3rd or 4th tank of gas. When the tranny went out on my 99 at 135,000 I had to tear the engine down to fix it. There was no carbon in the engine, and there was no measurable wear in the cylinders. Even the original crosshatching in the cylinders was still visible.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.