The1Chef
Learning My Moped
My Bike: Vs1400 and Warrior 1700

Carbs.. Could these be a replacement?

Post by The1Chef »

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Re: Carbs.. Could these be a replacement?

Post by Designer »

IIRC, the 1400 needs a Side Draft for the Rear Cylinder and a Downdraft for the Front,...IF you plan on using them in the Stock locations, that is.

However, you are one "The Fabulous Four ", :clap: ......they who run one of those Extremally-mounted, Double-barrel, Pump-action Fuel Shotguns ( a Mikuni is on my Springtail Chopper :naughty: ).

So,...are you are thinking of external mounting of these? :uhh:

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

The1Chef
Learning My Moped

Post by The1Chef »

no. I am going dellorto.....
I was asking for all those poor people needing replacement carbs

BTW found some solex ones available near me.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

The1Chef wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 11:16 am
no. I am going dellorto.....
That Is the Carb that Greywolf in England (0ne of THE Fab-Four ) uses on his Del'orto side mount Carb Manifold. He liked it. :ShitGrinandThumb:
The1Chef wrote:
I was asking for all those poor people needing replacement carbs
My experience with all the Throttle and Balance linkages on the 800/1400 kinda-sorta tells me these replacements you found would difficult at best to make work. :uhh:
The1Chef wrote:
BTW found some solex ones available near me.
I considered Solex. What model/size you looking at? :ShitGrin:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS

The1Chef
Learning My Moped

Post by The1Chef »

it was a set of 45's for $800

I have never actually seen one for sale and I think it was you years ago that mentioned they are the best ones to use?

I am not buying them, was just saying because like I said they are that rare.

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

Those things are for hipsters to bolts on to their bratstyle CB360's so they can pretend they've improved their bike.

Seriously, a waste of money.

The1Chef
Learning My Moped

Post by The1Chef »

:bow:
hillsy wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 10:51 pm
Those things are for hipsters to bolts on to their bratstyle CB360's so they can pretend they've improved their bike.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

The1Chef wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 2:28 am
:bow:
hillsy wrote:

Rather than using judgmental opinion based more on personalities, My Mechanical Experience guides me to make evaluations based on the Mechanical/Technical aspects of the suggested Carbs.

As I look at the pair of installed 1400/800 carbs up close, it becomes pretty clear to me that all the Throttle linkages/levers, Carb Balance linkages & levers and the Enrichening System cables/levers are quiet specific to the Intruders. And with all the Mechanical Work/Mods I have done with Carbs, I do not see these Carbs able to be reasonably modified to accept all those three Linkage/control cabling systems the 1400/800 has.

Also to re-mention what was posted above that the Front Carb needs be a downdraft, whereas these appear to be both side draft.

The1Chef
Learning My Moped

Post by The1Chef »

[quote=Designer post_id=186932

Also to re-mention what was posted above that the Front Carb needs be a downdraft, whereas these appear to be both side draft.
[/quote]

I didnt look at them very much I only saw that they were being used on chops of all kinds and thought they might have a chance.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

The1Chef wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 10:55 am
Designer wrote:
I didnt look at them very much I only saw that they were being used on chops of all kinds and thought they might have a chance.
No worries mate! :ShitGrin: That's an easy thing to overlook. That's why we have The Tech Board so you can share thoughts/ideas/discoveries. Glad I was one to give you the best info here. :bow:

Since those Carbs you found are used on chops of all kinds, that makes this "observation" pretty much fodder for the "Circular File" eh? :smile:
hillsy wrote:

The1Chef
Learning My Moped

Post by The1Chef »

yesp get rid of it before someone tries them lol

Designer wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 11:10 am
The1Chef wrote:
Designer wrote:
No worries mate! :ShitGrin: That's an easy thing to overlook. That's why we have The Tech Board so you can share thoughts/ideas/discoveries. Glad I was one to give you the best info here. :bow:

Since those Carbs you found are used on chops of all kinds, that makes this "observation" pretty much fodder for the "Circular File" eh? :smile:
hillsy wrote:

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

The1Chef wrote:

If you're talking about those cheap Mikunis they are pretty much identical to what is used on two strokes and mowers. Shouldn't take a lot to work out they aren't that good for much else.