Upgrades

JamesC
Passed the Circle Test
My Bike: Suzuki Intruder 1400

Upgrades

Post by JamesC »

Okay, so I made two major upgrades this season. One, I installed the Designer Clutch Springs, and two; I put in a GBat battery. I am very happy with my battery. I do not even need to use a trickle charger in my unheated garage. Surpassed all expectations. As for the springs, while they did clean up some slippage I was having going from 4th to 5th gear; they did not boost performance or make me feel like I was riding a new bike as so many claimed. But they work, so I can't really complain. Happy Holidays to All. :clap:

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Re: Upgrades

Post by navigator »

The Designer springs will not make your bike go faster, but they will prevent it from slipping and going slower.

JamesC
Passed the Circle Test

Post by JamesC »

Well Navigator, quotes such as the following:
Install these Designer springs and bolts, and your bike will TRANSFORM before your very eyes!*
gave me the impression that they boost performance. The other testimonials were of similar sentiment.

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by navigator »

Just keeping it real.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

JamesC wrote:Well Navigator, quotes such as the following:
Install these Designer springs and bolts, and your bike will TRANSFORM before your very eyes!*
gave me the impression that they boost performance. The other testimonials were of similar sentiment.
If your clutch is slipping, like mine was, they REALLY do transform the performance of the bike.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

JamesC
Passed the Circle Test

Post by JamesC »

Like I said, fellas; they do the job and for that I am happy. But the way they were touted in so many testimonials gave me the impression that I would be making the best investment EVER for my bike. I think my GBat has been my best investment. I heard there is another manufacturer for performance clutch springs, some company called "Ebbets" or something like that? Anyone know the name of or heard of them?

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

JamesC wrote:Like I said, fellas; they do the job and for that I am happy. But the way they were touted in so many testimonials gave me the impression that I would be making the best investment EVER for my bike. I think my GBat has been my best investment. I heard there is another manufacturer for performance clutch springs, some company called "Ebbets" or something like that? Anyone know the name of or heard of them?
Never heard of them, but the stock springs are only good for around 13,000 before they start slipping. Designer's springs will last for well over 150,000 miles. I have almost 200,000 miles on a set of them, with no slippage. Still going to be the best upgrade you can make.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by navigator »

Like I said, if your bike is optimum, running with no slippage, 100%, then adding these springs will not make it go faster....you can't achieve 110%.
But if your bike is slipping and operating at 80%, you will sense improvement when it reaches 100%.
The good news is you will now maintain 100% as time goes on. That won't happen with stock springs as they weaken over time.